Saturday, February 10, 2007

Beauty and the Beast





I was watching NJN public television last night and I saw a rebroadcast of the "State of the Arts" television program that featured a ballet I designed back in 2005. It reminded me that I was going to use this blog to post pictures of my work that I've never bothered to 'portfolioize' - but boy, am I behind!

Above is a studio picture of the title characters taken by Eduardo Pantino as well as a few other photos snapped by Gabriel B. during a partial-dress rehearsal. Below is a description that appeared on the NJN website:

"State of the Arts producer Eric Schultz goes behind the scenes at the American Repertory Ballet’s (ARB) new production of the classic fairy tale, 'Beauty and the Beast.' Choreographer and ARB Artistic Director Graham Lustig has created a major new work for children and families, 'Beauty and the Beast – A Gothic Romance.' Based on Madam Le Prince De Beaumont’s story, Lustig has set the ballet in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey in the 1820s with the Jersey Devil is the beast. The ballet is set to the string music of Rossini, written in the 1820s when Rossini was 12 years old. Lustig says that 'Beauty and the Beast' is the classic fable exploring the contrast between inner and outer beauty."

No comments: